2018-2019 After School Science and Technology sessions
The 2018-2019 school year includes exciting and challenging designs in flight, telescope construction, circuitry, hydroponics, machine design.wearable technology, LEGO Robotics (LEGO WeDo 2.0 and LEGO EV3),Video game design and Coding.
Classes meet once a week for approximately 60 minutes. We can customize sessions based on your need. Please email or call us for details.
Club SciKidz; Where Science and Technology Connect!
1. Come Fly with Me! (Grades 3-5)
- During this engineering design process, students will explore Bernoulli’s Principle, as they build various types of aerospace vehicles, and discover Newton’s Law of Inertia. STEM Challenge: Design and Build an airplane that will travel 15 feet.
2. Cosmic Cookie Dough (GradesK-3)
- Students will study the Earth’s moon, gravity, moon phases, tides, and rocketry. STEM Challenge: Design and build a telescope.
3. It’s Electric! (Grades 3-5)
- Investigations in static electricity, structure of the atom, and building circuits and switches. STEM Challenge: Design and build a dance pad.
4. Pull Your Weight ( Grades K-3)
- Explorations include studying different types of pulleys, levers, catapults and cranes simple and complex machines, and Newton’s Third Law of Motion. Solve real world challenges by creating prototypes of these objects and testing them in class and at home! STEM Challenge: Design and build a crane to lift a heavy load on a new space colony on Mars.
5. Wearable Circuits ( Grade 3-5)
- Our young scientists will experiment with electronic devices, circuits, and wearable technology. STEM Challenge: Design and build an LED book light.
6. Water Works ( Grade K-3)
- Students explore different types of hydroponic systems, seed germination, and photosynthesis. STEM Challenge: Design and build a hydroponic garden prototype used by the future astronauts on the Mars colony.
6. Icky, Gross, Spooky Science (Grades 3-5)
- Activities will vary depending on the age group in the class. What young scientist doesn’t like a little mess and fun while learning to do science? Kids will use household products to create fake blood and Ph paper from Cabbage Juice. They will also dissect owl pellets and grow bacteria to learn about germs. We won’t save the best for last though, we will concoct our own gravity defying GOO and end with all scientist’s favorite—Fun Fantastic Explosions!
7. Jr. LEGO Robotics (Grades 1-3)
- Designed for 1st to 3rd graders. This program introduce LEGO WeDo 2.0 model builds! Students will learn how to code and program LEGO WeDo robot builds to move. Construct a Giant that awakens when their is movement nearby! Build a racing car and a jumping monkey all with Legos and coded by you!
7. Robot Adventure (Grades 3-5)
Discover the fantastic programming possibilities with LEGO EV3 robots! Using LEGO EV3 software, learn basic and advanced programming. Your camper will start with basic programming to move and steer a robot rover. Quickly advance to learn loops and incorporating touch and ultra-sonic sensors in your programming.
7. RPG Game Design (Grades 3-5)
Do you want to be the next master video game creator? Use the same software the professionals use and create your own Role Playing Game! Design your own custom game map, characters and enemies! Your imagination is the limit as you fill your world map with land, oceans, deserts and more! Be the architect and create your own custom buildings and castles! Make your friends and family characters in the game! At the end of the session, you will be able to take home our very own video game that you can play on a PC!
Call us to discuss if topic /subject of your interest not listed. We can customize after-school program based on your need.